Are you going to the convention this weekend? I am. Not too long after posting this, in fact.
(Love this badge logo from the 2010 ConCarolinas, by Bob Snare.)
ConCarolinas is always a great convention — “science fiction, Carolina style” — and this year it’s moved into a new facility in Concord (just north of Charlotte). My schedule on Friday is wide open, so after I set up my merchandise table I plan to drop in on a panel or two and eventually join the filk circle!
On Saturday, I’ve got several panels and events:
- 10:00 a.m. Panel — Editors and Agents
- 11:00 a.m. — Baen Books Traveling Road Show
- 5:30 p.m. Panel — What’s An Award Worth?
- 7:30 p.m. Panel — The Short of It
- 11:30 p.m. Panel — The Problem of the Controversial
- Early a.m. (usually 9:00) — Fans for Christ worship service — I’ll be leading the singing
- 4:00 p.m. Panel — Do I Need A Writing Group?
If you’re going to the con, stop by and see me! I’ll tell you whatever you want to know about my new album, Distorted Vision, coming out this summer; you can sign up for my newsletter to get the latest info; you can snag a copy of my InterGalactic Medicine Show story, “Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, Earth to Alluvium”; and of course you can also pick up a copy of Truths and Lies and Make-Believe as well as “Another Romulan Ale” and “Tauntauns to Glory” bumper stickers.
And if you’re not going to the convention, then I hope you have fun this weekend with whatever you get to do!by