I’m so glad to get to go to LibertyCon again! My lady Lisa and I will be driving to Chattanooga — a shorter trip than it used to be, since the move — for the 35th iteration of the best fannish family reunion, which this year is also the host site of DeepSouthCon 61! The convention officially starts Friday, though I hope to get in a game of Terraforming Mars Thursday evening.
Here’s my official schedule:
- 5 p.m. — Opening Ceremonies — at which I will sing my newest LibertyCon song
- 6 p.m. — Give Me LibertyCon! and Onward LibertyCon! Roundtable and Mass Autograph Session
- 11 p.m. — Open Filk — come join in!
- 10 a.m. — Brunch Banquet — always a fun time listening to the Guests of Honor!
- 2 p.m. — Baen Books Traveling Road Show & Prize Patrol
- 5 p.m. — Authors/Artists Alley — come by and chat!
- 11 p.m. — Open Filk — more nerdy music fun!
- 9 a.m. — Nondenominational Prayer Service
- 10 a.m. — Kaffeeklatsch — which for me involves tea or the like
- 11 a.m. — Panel, “Tales from Mission Control / Space Operations” — in which I try to remember what I used to do in the Air Force …
- 2 p.m. — Reading — with my friend Karl Gallagher!
In between I’ll be attending other events, hanging out here or there, maybe even wandering a bit around town. I know it’ll be a grand time, though — it always is! — so let’s have some fun!by