If you’re in the vicinity of High Point, North Carolina, next weekend, come out and see me and many of my science fiction and fantasy friends!
(The ConGregate mascot, Greg-8.)
ConGregate will run July 10-2, and features Timothy Zahn and Michael Stackpole as Writer Guests of Honor. I’m very pleased that the convention is allowing me to return as a guest, and I’m going to be plenty busy!
On Friday, I’ll barely have time to breathe:
- 4:00 p.m. — Signing — come by and snag a CD or a copy of my story!
- 5:30 p.m. — Reading — audience choice of what I’ll read, plus I always sing at least one song
- 6:30 p.m. — Workshop, “Beyond the First Draft” — 2 hours of intensive editorial discussion
- 8:30 p.m. — “HollyWeird Squares” — fun and games, and hopefully a few laughs!
On Saturday, I’ve got several more events:
- 10:00 a.m. — Signing — come by again, even if just to say hello!
- 11:00 a.m. — Baen Books Traveling Road Show — art, previews, and free books!
- 2:00 p.m. — “Filk and Cookies” — featuring songs for children (believe it or not)
- 9:00 p.m. — Panel, “Ask an Editor” — and maybe an editor will answer
- 10:00 p.m. — Open Filk — all welcome to play, sing, or just listen!
And Sunday I get to rest:
- 12:00 p.m. — Panel, “Engineering by Government Bureaucracy” — your tax dollars at work (so to speak)
If you’re going, I hope you’ll stop by and chat. If I’ve already told you about my new CD, Distorted Vision, coming out later this summer, I’ll be happy to tell you more! You can snag a copy of my InterGalactic Medicine Show story, “Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust, Earth to Alluvium,” or my first album, Truths and Lies and Make-Believe, or even “Another Romulan Ale” and “Tauntauns to Glory” bumper stickers — and, of course, you can also sign up for my newsletter to get the latest info on my different projects.
And whatever you do, have fun doing it!by