I’m in Atlanta, Georgia, with thousands of my closest friends — 70 or 80 thousand, I expect — at the annual Dragon Con science fiction and fantasy convention. In addition to giving a solo concert as part of the Filk Music Track and playing music for folks at the Art Show, I’ll be telling anyone who will listen about my novel!*
Here’s my schedule, at least as it exists right now:
- 4 p.m., Science Fiction Literature track panel, “Series Here, Series There: What’s Become of the Standalones?” with Bill Fawcett, Chuck Gannon, Chris Jackson, and S.M. Stirling
- 7 p.m., “Princess Alethea’s Traveling Sideshow” with Alethea Kontis, Leanna Renee Hieber, Mari Mancusi, Diana Peterfreund, and Zoraida Cordova
- 11:30 a.m., Concert — mixing a few favorites from Distorted Vision and Truths and Lies and Make-Believe with some other fannish tunes, plus some Dragon Con debuts!
- 2-5 p.m., Baen Books information and author signing booth in association with The Missing Volume bookstore (America’s Mart booth 1301) — as a result, and contrary to the official schedule, I won’t be at the Baen Books Traveling Roadshow and Prize Patrol
- 6-7 p.m., Bard’s Tower information and author signing booth (America’s Mart booth 817)
- 10 p.m., Star Wars Tribute Concert with Mikey Mason, The Blibbering Humdingers, The Brobdingnagian Bards, Tom Smith, and more!
- 11:30 a.m., solo busking at the Art Show entrance
- 2-4 p.m., Baen Books booth @ Missing Volume
- 4-7 p.m., Bard’s Tower
- 10 a.m., solo busking at the Art Show entrance
- 1-3 p.m., Bard’s Tower
- 4-5 p.m., Baen Books booth @ Missing Volume
As usual, when I’m not performing or working I’ll probably be attending concerts by my musical friends, or hanging out with my writerly friends or Baen Barflies. Or trying to catch a little bit of sleep!
If you’re in the area, I hope I get to say hello — but whatever you’ve got going on this weekend, I hope it goes well!
*That would be Walking on the Sea of Clouds.