It’s time again for illogiCon, our local Research Triangle, North Carolina, science fiction and fantasy convention, happening this weekend at the RDU Embassy Suites (with some events in the nearby Hampton Inn).
Here’s what I’ve got going on:
- 7:00 p.m. — Opening Ceremonies — wherein I will play my “Convention Oddity” cover song
- 8:00 p.m. — Panel, “That’s Just Wrong”
- 10:00 p.m. — Panel, “I Spy with My Little Eyes”
- 11:00 a.m. — Panel, “Ground Control to Major Tom” — oddly appropriate
- 1:00 p.m. — Panel, “Networking for Introverts”
- 2:00 p.m. — Filk Music Hour
- 3:00 p.m. — Panel, “What Should We be Reading?”
- 4:00 p.m. — Panel, “Star Trek: Worst. Episode. Ever.”
- 8:00 p.m. and after — More Filking
- 10:00 a.m. — Reading (Time Changed from 2 p.m.)
There’s no “Baen Books Traveling Road Show” this year, because I didn’t realize until too late that I was the only Baen representative and didn’t ask for a time slot.
On Sunday, I’ll be skating out after lunch to head to north Raleigh to host the monthly Writers Coffeehouse at Quail Ridge Books from 2-4 p.m. All writers are welcome!
Let’s have some fun!
– Speaking of filk, listen free to both of my albums: Distorted Vision and Truths and Lies and Make-Believe
– Speaking of reading aloud, watch my Public Speaking Tip: The Value of Inflection
– Speaking of nothing in particular, visit my Online Store