Ground Control to LibertyCon …
Take your bourbon shots
And put your Jayne hats on …
It’s that time of year again! The fannish family reunion known as LibertyCon starts today!
I’ll be busy right out of the gate, and tonight is packed:
- 1 p.m. — Author’s & Artist’s Alley — come by and chat!
- 4 p.m. — Autograph Session — again, come by and chat!
- 5 p.m. — Opening Ceremonies — at which I will sing, so beware
- 6 p.m. — CONCERT (or, “LibertyConcert”) — at which I will sing more, almost certainly including “LibertyCon Oddity” (quoted above)
- 8 p.m. (until 10:30) — Terraforming Mars — playing the game in front of an audience
- 11 p.m. — Open Filk — at which I will sing even more, and hopefully other folks will, too!
- Noon — Banquet — always a fun time!
- 2 p.m. — Baen Books Traveling Road Show
- 4 p.m. — Panel, “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Writing Advice” — and remember what free advice is worth …
- 11 p.m. — Nerd Music Free-for-all — like Open Filking, but nerdier? (is that even possible?)
- 10 a.m. — Kaffeeklatsch — which for me involves something other than coffee
- 1 p.m. — Reading — with my friend David B. Coe!
I played my first game of Terraforming Mars last night, and had a lot of fun, so the convention’s already started well for me! If the rest of the weekend goes as well, it’ll be a fine time. Let’s make it so!by